Barack Obama For President

That's what I wished for, a few months ago. And well, Mr. Obama has almost decided: he's deciding whether to run for President. Again I say: it's only in the United States that some one with a background as Barack's, where one can have such aspirations and dreams. He has just taken the first steps; a few excerpts from Barack's message:

"As many of you know, over the last few months I have been thinking hard about my plans for 2008. Running for the presidency is a profound decision - a decision no one should make on the basis of media hype or personal ambition alone - and so before I committed myself and my family to this race, I wanted to be sure that this was right for us and, more importantly, right for the country."

"..I've spent some time thinking about how I could best advance the cause of change and progress that we so desperately need."

"Politics has become so bitter and partisan, so gummed up by money and influence, that we can't tackle the big problems that demand solutions. And that's what we have to change first. We have to change our politics, and come together around our common interests and concerns as Americans."

Whether he wins or not, it would still be the greatest political statement and show, coming out of America, in its history - about race and gender equality. And then: is America really 'the land of opportunity'? It would still too, be interesting, if later - either Mr.Obama or Mrs. Clinton picks the other, as a running mate for the vice president; after winning their party's nomination.

More Reading: Barack Obama

Popular posts from this blog

The Albatross

Rwanda Genocide Deniers

Dinder National Park Sudan