Sitting Bull (Tatanka Yotanka)

"God made me an Indian."
"Each man is good in His sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows."
"I am a red man. If the Great Spirit had desired me to be a white man he would have made me so in the first place."
"I wish it to be remembered that I was the last man of my tribe to surrender my rifle."
"If a man loses anything and goes back and looks carefully for it, he will find it."
"If I agree to dispose of any part of our land to the white people I would feel guilty of taking food away from our children's mouths, and I do not wish to be that mean."
"If we must die, we die defending our rights."
"The white man knows how to make everything, but he does not know how to distribute it."
"What white man can say I never stole his land or a penny of his money? Yet they say that I am a thief."
"Is it wrong for me to love my own? Is it wicked for me because my skin is red? Because I am Sioux? Because I was born where my father lived? Because I would die for my people and my country?"
More on Tatanka: sittingbull.org, Nativeamericanrhymes, pbs.org, powersource.com, indegenouspeople.net, thinkquest.org, dickshovel.com, American History, Encarta, Wikipedia, Indiana-welt, Who2, Whichamstonepark, Encyclopedia, Ontalink, Books, Scholar
 Image: legendsofamerica.com

Popular posts from this blog

The Albatross

Rwanda Genocide Deniers

Dinder National Park Sudan